“Lost Men and Angry Girls” is ‘Ameri-kinda’ music – traditional American music influences with strong Australian roots. Recorded primarily in Australia and produced by Mezera’s trusted collaborator, Bill Chambers, the album features duets with Chambers, Nina Gerber, Karl Broadie and Australian Idol finalist Raechel Lee. With humor and compassion, Mezera chronicles the past three years spent living on the coast of Northern California exploring American people and places (Bolinas, Gainesville, Luckenbach, the Carter Fold, Virginia) whilst missing her homeland way Down Under. Also included is the only known recording of a song written by Bonnie Parker of Bonnie & Clyde (“Morphine”).
Country Music News Headlines
- Thomas Rhett: A Sucker for a Good, Sad Song
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn’t Seek Validation Through Likes
- Hot 20: Rodney Atkins Details First New Album in Seven Years
- Carrie Underwood Isn’t Immune to Life’s Ugly Moments
- PHOTOS: Shooting Pool with John Prine
- Brothers Osborne’s Serendipitous 4/20 Moment
- What Maren Morris Loves About Her Early Songs
- What Was Dierks Bentley Thinkin’?
- ACM Awards: Backstage and Upfront with Old Dominion
- AmericanaFest 2018 Books Brandy Clark, Lee Ann Womack and More